There is the possibility to run the WibuKey installer on Windows in a silent mode and with customized settings. To do so, please follow this short instruction:
- Unpack the WibuKey Runtime Kit you want to use with e.g. WinZip.
- Adapt the setup.ini like you want. It is well documented inline. To run the setup "silent", you should change the values
Additional informations can be found in \DevKit\help\RunTimeSetupUS.pdf.
- To adapt some settings for the driver you can also edit the wibukey.ini file. E.g. if you want to disable all interfaces except USB you've to make the following settings:
If you only want to allow local subsystem you can set it this way:
To ensure that an adapted Setup.ini (from a formerly installed version) works with WIBU-KEY Version 5.00 -> 5.10, a developer must include the following in the section [Files]:
To ensure that an adapted Setup.ini (from a formerly installed version) works also with WIBU-KEY Version 5.20, a developer must include the following in the section [Files]:
A current Setup.ini can be found in \WIBUKEY\DevKit\Runtime when devKit is installed.
Now you can place the complete directory on your CD and start the setup32.exe e.g. during your setup. Then the driver is installed with your customized settings. Please keep in mind, that silent setup gives you a feedback of its work by setting a value in the registry. By this you can determine if you need to reboot or if any errors occured. The values are described in the mentioned document RunTimeSetupUS.pdf.
Your firm license file wkfirm.wbc or wkfirm.dat has been overwritten.
Copy your firm license file (youir own License file) wkfirm.wbc into the directory
Please proceed as follows:
1. Remove all WibuBoxes
2. Open the WibuKey Tool in the Control Panel and switch to "Installation“
3. Open the Control Panel and uninstall the WibuKey driver.
4. Open [%systemroot%\inf] (usually C:\Windows\inf).
5. Search for all oem*.inf files with the name containing "WIBU". Delete all *.pnf files with the same name and then the *.inf files.
For Windows 7 Users: if there is no other file besides wibukeyPCMCIA.inf, refine your search options.
6. Check in C:\Windows\System32\drivers or C:\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers, if the Wibukey*.sys was removed; if not delete it.
7. Delete the following registry entries, if they are still there. Open registry via Windows button in task bar and type regedit.
a) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services - search for "WIBUKEY" and/or "WibuKey2" and delete, if found.
b) HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WIBU-SYSTEMS - delete directory, if found.
c) KEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\WIBU-SYSTEMS - delete directory, if found.
9. Restart your computer.
Now you can start reinstalling WibuKey:
1. Run the WibuKey Driver setup with administrative privileges. Make sure that no WibuBox is attached yet!
2. After the setup is completed, attach your WibuBox.
3. Windows should automatically install all hardware drivers since Wibu-Systems drivers since Version 5.0 are Microsoft certified..
After Windows recognizes the WibuBox correctly you can start the WibuKey-Software. You are able to test this via the WibuKey Tool in the Control Panel using page "Tests".
There exist a couple of setup options you are able to customize.
As a result you then have a setup tailored to your requirements. The files you customized can be used anytime for new versions of WibuKey drivers, i.e. the customization is one-time..
For customizing the setup, please proceed as follows:
- Unpack the matching WibuKey Runtime Kit in an empty directory.
Use any tool able to unpack self-extracting Zip archives.
- Customize the included Setup.ini file.
The Setup.ini file is well documented. For example to, switch the setup to \"Silent\", the
following customizing is sufficient:
For a more detailed description see the CD \DevKit\help\RunTimeSetupDE.pdf.
- If you want to customize the settings of the WibuKey driver, you must now also
customize the also included file Wibukey.ini. For example, for deactivating all
interfaces except USB, you must set up as follows:
In order, for example, to address the local subsystem only you must additionally set:
WibuKey Version 5.00 -> 5.10
To ensure that your customized Setup.ini also works with WibuKey Version 5.00 -> 5.10
you must add the following line in the section [Files]:
WibuKey with Version 5.20
To ensure that your customized Setup.ini also works with WibuKey Version >= 5.20,
you must add the following lines in the section [Files]:
Please find a current Setup.ini for the installed DevKit in \WIBUKEY\DevKit\Runtime.
- Burn the complete subdirectory to your CD and while your setup process call
setup32.exe.The an installation of the driver according to your settings
is performed. Please note that in the case of a silent setup respective return values
are entered into the registry (see RunTimeSetupDE.pdf).
There, for example, a respective entry is et, if a system restart is required.
The programming signature for the WibuBox is wrong, because you are using an "old" signature of the WibuKey Development Kit (Version 4.10 or older).
Install the current version of the WibuKey Development Kit (Version 5.0 and higher). With this version you can program all variants of WibuBoxes.
When installing the German Development Kit (SetupDE.exe) this error message displays, if in the Regional Options the location is not set to "Deutsch (Deutschland)", but to "Deutsch (Österreich)" oder "Deutsch (Schweiz)".
Set the location to "Deutsch (Deutschland)" during the installation. After the successful installation, you can change again the location to the required setting.
Some notebooks and newer PCs do not supply the required LPT interface providing enough power. This can cause a timeout problem.
A timeout occurs, if the WibuKey driver cannot access the WibuBox within the expected time interval. The time interval can be increased by using a so-called 'DelayFactor'. The 'DelayFactor' is a usual registry extension.
- Here you can download a ZIP archive containing various 'DelayFactors': DelayFactor.zip.
- Unpack the archive.
- Double-click to activate the 'DelayFactor'.
- After having changed the 'DelayFactor' enter the command [..\wibukey\bin] wku32.exe.
- Reset all or restart your PC.
Only this way it is guaranteed that all WibuKey specific registry entries will be reread.
Note: For the first time, try always a slow 'DelayFactor' (such as 4), because it influences the WibuKey processes and can therefore slow down the protected application.
You try to program a "new generation" WibuBox with an "old" WibuKey license file (wkfirm.wbc or wkfirm.dat).
You need to perform a license update.
For this, please send your WibuKey license file "wkfirm.wbc" or "wkfirm.dat" [.\wibukey\devkit\bin] to license(at)wibu.com.
We will send you a new (updated) license file (version 4) as soon as possible.
When installing, the interface communication settings are reset to default, if not otherwise required.
- Check on page "Setup" of WibuKey control panel applet (Start - Settings - Control Panel - WibuKey), if the respective interface is activated.
- If necessary, check then the address area to be found in "Location". The address should correspond with the interface. You can check this in the Device Manager of your system.
This error occurs because WibuKey version 6.40 conflicts with software that is protected with AxProtector version 9.0. You need to perform a clean uninstall of WibuKey and a subsequent reinstall of WibuKey version 6.32 available for download from the Wibu-Systems website. Please proceed as follows:
Clean uninstall of WibuKey:
- Remove all WibuBoxes.
- Open "Control Panel | Programs and Features" and uninstall WibuKey.
- Open [%systemroot%\inf] (usually C:\Windows\inf).
- Search for all 'oem*.inf' file with the name containing 'WIBU'.
- Delete - if displayed - all '*.pnf' files with the same name.
- Delete the '*.inf files' (for Windows 7 Users: If there is no other file except
'wibukeyPCMCIA.inf', please refine you search options).
- Check in directory C:\Windows\System32\drivers or C:\Windows\SysWOW64\drivers, if the
'Wibukey*.sys' file was removed, if not delete it. (If you cannot delete it, because it is in use
rename it and after the restart you can delete it).
- Delete - if still existing - the following registry entries, if they are still there (open regedit.exe to manipulate
- Download WibuKey version 6.32 from the Wibu-Systems website.
- Run the setup with administrative privileges.
Please make sure, that there is no WibuBox attached yet!
- After completed setup, attach your WibuBox.
Windows should install all the hardware drivers.
After Windows recognizes the WibuBox correctly, you can start WibuKey.
In case of trouble with the WibuKeyShellExtension there might also be other difficulties. Therefore, we recommend a clean uninstall and reinstall as described in KB-0016.
If the difficulties refer exclusively to the WibuShellExtension, a repair can be attempted by executing the supplied script "WibuShellExtRepair.cmd" at (Programs x86)\WIBU-SYSTEMS\System. Then you have to restart the system.
The last possibility is to uninstall the WibuShellExtension. The functions like right-click in Windows Explorer to create a context file or double-click on a WibuKey remote update file are then no longer available. You can still create and/or import these remote files using the WibuKey tool in the Control Panel.
To uninstall, you can execute the following command via a command line (with administrator rights): regsvr32 /u (Programs)\WIBU-SYSTEMS\System\WibuShellExt(64).dll.
Now the WibuShellExt.dll is no longer loaded after the restart of the computer and there should be no more difficulties with it.