To create a database backup, please proceed as follows
(it is assumed that the default VM image is used with local database and default passwords):
1. Log on to Webmin (http://<License Central IP>:10000/).
2. Navigate via the "Servers | MySQL Database Server" entry of the navigation menu to the page of the same name.※
3. Activate the "boi"-button and click on symbol.
4. Click the "Backup Database" button.
5. Select the options:
- Download in browser
- Backup with a transaction: yes
6. Create the backup using the "Backup Now" button.
7. Save the backup to the desired location.
This only describes how to create a one-time backup that you can download directly from the browser.
It is recommended to perform automatic backups on a regular basis.
Further information can be found in the "CodeMeter License Central Installations & Customization" manual in the chapter "General Information | Creating a Database Backup".
For the next steps, please use the IP address or the DNS name of CodeMeter License Central. The respective information you find in the currently displayed URL you are using, if operating on the License Central GUI.
For the creation please proceed as follows:
1. Open a web browser and call License Central using the URL followed by 10000.
2. Login using your credentials for the Unix login.
Default username is “cmlcadmin” and password “CodeMeter”.
3. Navigate to "CodeMeter License Central | 4. Support" and tab "CmDust & Log Files".
4. Insert as DB User “boi_admin” and as DB Password “iob_admin”.
These are the default settings. After inserting the credentials click
'Create CmDust & Log Files'.
5. After file creation, click on highlighted “cmdust_”Numbers”.tar.gz”
to download the log files.
6. Send the created log files to Wibu-Systems.
OpenSSL is required to generate the .crt and .pem files. On most Linux distributions, this package is pre-installed or available from the main sources. There is also a version for Windows. Alternatively, you can use WSL (Windows Subsystem Linux).
Note: In both cases, you will be prompted to enter the password that you received with your .p12 certificate, usually in the form of a .p12 certificate file.
Customizing the WebDepot to an existing Corporate Design is easily done.
For the following steps, you require an account on wibu.com allowing to download CodeMeter License Central Internet Edition. If you have no account, please register at www.wibu.com/secure-login/register.html.
Your registration will be checked by our staff.
After approval you may also ask for the download privileges for CodeMeter License Central Internet Edition.
Then download from the website the current WebDepot version (https://www.wibu.com/downloads-developer-software.html | CodeMeter License Central | CodeMeter License Central Internet | Extensions) and also the manual for the Internet Extensions (https://www.wibu.com/manuals-guides.html | Manual for Developers | CodeMeter License Central Extensions - Internet Edition).
In order to provide the WebDepot for any PHP server, please consider the configuration information in chapter 5.3. You do not have to customize the parameter WSDL_ROOT.
The import of the migration data package can also be initiated manually in CodeMeter License Central without the need for the Webmin interface. This is especially recommended if the migration package is very large (several gigabytes).
Please proceed as follows:
- Copy your migration data Tar.GZ file directly to CodeMeter License Central (WebMin(Upload) or WinSCP or similar) into the directory /home/cmlcadmin/import.
- Login to the console or via ssh to CodeMeter License Central.
- Change to the directory /home/cmlcadmin/import.
- Execute the command sudo ./import_data_ubuntu.sh/home/cmlcadmin/import/<name of the backup>. Now the archive is unpacked automatically and the import is running.
The import command deletes the backup archive automatically after the import has taken place.
Important: Always use the absolute path to the backup file and do not unpack the file manually before.
Unless you want to perform all steps of the script manually.
If the TomEE heap space memory is full, it may be sufficient to restart the TomEE daemon once.
If the memory becomes full on a regular basis, it may be necessary to increase this memory.
Please proceed as follows:
1. Edit the /etc/default/tomee file (root privileges required)
Note: You may need to allocate more memory to the virtual machine (VM).
The CodeMeter License Central Log often contains warning messages with the text "... took unusually long ...".
These are initially warnings, not errors. In addition, it is not uncommon for these outputs to appear in the log when a labor-intensive task is running in parallel.
Usually the message comes from the "Reporting" group - in this group all relevant outputs of the reporting task are classified. This Reporting Task is parallel to the "Working" Task of License Central, but is executed with lower priority than this main task. As a result, more processing time is allocated to the work task than to the reporting task under heavy load - which in turn leads to slower processing of the reporting queue.
In most cases this means"... took unusually long ..." only indicates that the reporting task was processed a little slower.
1. Preparing the License Central machine
Regardless of whether you use the Ubuntu 16.04 VM provided by WibuSystems or your
own Linux environment, the first step is to install the License Central according to these
1.1 Customize 'Hostname'
If you have not already done so, give the License Central machine a unique hostname
in your network.
2. Preparing Database machine
At this point, it is assumed that remote access to the database is already
possible, e.g. the binding of MySQL to 127.0.0.1 in the mysql.cnf file is already commented
out and the port 3306 is not being accessed by the firewall is blocked on the computers involved.
2.1 Customizing 'Hostname
If you have not already done so, give the database computer a unique host names in your network.
2.2 Creating a database
First, a new database is created on the database server. If it is is an update, this step is omitted.
mysql -u<admin_user> -p
CREATE DATABASE <DatabaseName>;
2.3 Creating Users and Assigning Authorizations
Now an administrative user is created, which can be accessed from the License Central
machine and is allowed to access the License Central database.
- Administrative user
CREATE USER lc_dbadmin@'IP address of the LC computer' IDENTIFIED by
GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, DROP, INDEX, CREATE
TEMPORARY TABLES, CREATE, ALTER, REFERENCES ON <DatabaseName>.*
TO lc_dbadmin@'IP address of the LC computer';
- Normal user
CREATE USER boi@'IP address of the LC computer' IDENTIFIED by 'iob';
GRANT All ON <DatabaseName>.* TO boi@'IP address of the LC computer';
To test the remote access, you can try to get from the License
Central machine to access the remote database server.
mysql -ulc_dbadmin -p<password> -h <IP Address of the database server>
If you are given access to the remote database, the basic
configuration is correct.
3. Customizing License Central Installation
Now the License Central must be installed for access to a remote database
can be adapted.
3.1 Customizing the licensecentral.properties file
Edit the /etc/wibu/licensecentral/licensecentral.properties file on the
- restart the apache Webserver or better restart the LC VM-
After this the Webdepot is available via the URL: <URL or IP of your LC>/webdepot/index.php
1. Overview of the processing status of the report tasks.
The command to get an overview is as follows:
select finished+0, failed+0, locked+0, count(*) from report_task group by finished, failed, locked;
If there is nothing to process, ideally only one line will be returned,
only one line with "1 0 0 ...".
If something is in progress, another line is returned with "0 0 1 ...".
2. Handle tasks that are always 'locked' permanently
The command to search for reporting tasks that are locked but older.
These entries are usually entries that are left over when Tomee
crashes or quits hard.
select count(*) from report_task where locked = true and id < (select id from report_task where finished =true order by id desc limit 1);
a) If these are only a few entries, you can output them using the
select *, locked+0 from report_task where locked = true and id < (select id from report_task where finished= true order by id desc limit 1);
b) You must then manually mark these entries again for editing using
the following command:
update report_task set locked = false where locked = true and id < (select id from report_task where finished = true order by id desc limit 1);
The fact that the processing has started can be read in licensecentral.log
after a short time.
If you want to to migrate a License Central <2.10 you have to perform a interim migration to a License Central >= 2.10 and < 3.30 to trigger the analysing and reassign process for older data.
Upgrade CodeMeter License Central Desktop from >= 2.10 auf 3.x
The upgrade process covers two basic steps. Firstly, using a separate tool you export the database and some important files from the previous version into an archive. Please make sure you have performed a data backup. Then you transfer the extracted files to the new set up version and perform some adjustments.
Data export from the previous version
1. If needed: download the License Central Update "Version 1.20 or newer --> 1.52!" from the developer area at Wibu-Systems Homepage (License Central - Updates)
4. Install in Webmin using "Update" in "Others | Custom Commands" entry of the navigation menu.
You are prompted to save the *.tar.gz file.
This extracts the database and the files CmFirm.wbc, Server.ini, CmActFi.wbb (if CmActLicense is deployed), application.ini and licensecentral.properties from the previous version required for the migration.
Please check, if these files have been actually saved to the archive. The *.tar.gz should be able to be opened using packaging tools, e.g. 7zip etc.
Data import and adjustments in the new version
The import of those files must be performed manually. Please proceed as follows:
1. Copy the extracted database and files to the virtual machine of the new version
(using File Manager – in the case of bigger databases, this can take some time).
Copy database and adjustments
1. Delete the existing database 'boi' (using "Servers | MySQL | 'boi' select |
"Drop Selected Database").
2. Create new database with name 'boi'. Setttings must not be changed.
3. Select database 'boi' and click button "Run SQL from file". Select previously copied file
'boi.sql' and execute it using button "Execute".
This has copied the database. Now you must up-to-date it. This requires the access to the commandline of CodeMeter License Central, e.g. "WebMin | Others |> Command Shell“.
Please proceed as follows:
1. Switch to directory "/home/cmlcadmin/tools" (cd cd /home/cmlcadmin/tools).
2. Execute the command: sudo apt-get -f install Missing installation components are installed.
3. Install the driver for SEH with the following command: sudo dpkg -i seh-utn-driver_3.0.XX-1dkms_all.deb.
4. Resolve the dependencies by calling the command again: sudo apt-get -f install.
5. Install the service component with command: sudo dpkg -i seh-utn-service_3.0.XX-1_amd64.deb.
6. Install the tool "utnm" with command: sudo dpkg -i seh-utn-clitool_3.0.XX-1_amd64.deb.
All required drivers are now installed.
C) SEH Operation:
Now myUTN can be accessed. The following commands are available:
- Reading a myUTN USB server:
utnm -c "getlist <myUTN DNSName/IP Address>"
- Activate a CmDongle on myUTN:
utnm -c "activate <myUTN DNSName/IP Address> <Port Number on Server>"
- Deactivating a CmDongle on myUTN
utnm -c "deactivate < myUTN DNSName/IP address> <Port number on server>"
- Automatic Activation of a CmDongle on myUTN
utnm -c "set autoconnect=true < myUTN DNSName/IP address> <Port number on server>"
D) Activate the HID-CmDongle in SEH UTN Manager:
If a CmDongle that is programmed as a Human Interface Device (HID) is recognized by the operating system but is not displayed in the SEH UTN Manager, you may have to activate HID recognition in the SEH UTN Manager configuration. Proceed as follows:
1. Open the SEH UTN Manager.
2. Select UTN Server/Device.
3.Select the "UTN Server" menu.
4. Select "Configuration" (a browser window opens).
5. Select "Security" in my UTN Control Center.
6. Select "Device Access" in the menu on the left.
7. uncheck "Disable input devices (HID class)" in the USB devices section at the bottom of the page.
8. Click the "Save" button.
9. Select the UTN server/device in the SEH UTN Manager and click the "Update" button.
The CmDongle should now be displayed in SEH UTN Manager and recognized by CodeMeter.